AT-HOME SWIM LESSONS
From toddlers (2 years+) to seniors, we offer private 1-on-1 lessons with a certified and experienced instructor.
Our 2021 summer term kicks off on June 21 and goes until August 22 (9 weeks).
SNEAK PEEK: NO-CONTACT LESSON
NO-CONTACT SWIMMING LESSONS
In response to the existing pandemic, we’ve made a few changes to how we offer our lessons and the safety precautions in place. The biggest change is a shift to no-contact swimming lessons.
Simply put, at no time will our instructors come within 2 metres of you and your swimmer.
Let’s take a closer look at how this will all work!
SAFETY AT A GLANCE
Parents need to take a self-assessment for their swimmer and everyone in their household prior to all lessons. If quarantine or testing is required, the lesson must be rescheduled.
Ensure your pool is adequately maintained in accordance with Quebec’s pool operating standards.
MIS recommends the pool temperature needs to be at least 84 degrees Fahrenheit. For the lesson to take place, the pool needs to be at least 80 degrees Fahrenheit.
In our experience, kids enjoy their experience and progress faster in warm water.
All pools need to be accessible without access to the client’s house, with a clear unobstructed path.
It is the responsibility of the parents to provide equipment for their child’s swim lesson.
A parent needs to be present during the lesson.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
WHAT TO EXPECT
- COVID check: Parents need to inform the instructor of the self-assessment outcome before the lesson.
- Introduction: Instructor will arrive at your front door, introduce themselves and await direction towards the pool.
- The first lesson the instructor conducts a swim test to ensure that the child is safe being in the pool without assistance. If your child needs assistance, a parent will need to be in the pool with them. The test is simple: they need to be able to swim 2 lengths of the pool and support themselves while breathing comfortably without assistance.
- The instructor will teach the swimmer or guide the parent from a safe distance in the pool.
- The swimmer needs to exit the water once the lesson is finished.
- The instructor will provide a lesson summary and feedback before departing the pool area.
- Swimmers should practice their skills between the lessons to see improvement.
MISWAY: THE BEST WAY TO LEARN
MIS uses a signature, skill-based system to ensure all swimmers advance as fast as possible based on their unique strengths and weaknesses. We don’t have levels, we work with the ages and abilities of our swimmers.
During private lessons you build numerous skills in just 30 minutes, while being evaluated & coached every step of the way.
The Summer 2021 term runs from June 21 to August 22. MIS recommends 2 lessons per week.
Registration is only per term and minimum 45 min per visit. Prices don’t include taxes.
HOW IT WORKS
1. Create an Account or Log in
2. Send a Request
Fill out our short form outlining your contact and swimmer’s information, along with your preferred lesson times.
3. Book It.
Receive your confirmation within 3 business days and suit up!
Summer session starts on June 21 – suit up!
Send your request!
Let’s get you registered! Click here to submit your request.