OUR HOUSE RULES… AND MORE
When you’re at a swimming lesson
- Only registered swimmers may enter the pool when their instructor calls them over.
- Swimmers may not enter the pool before nor stay in the water after their lesson.
- Parents must stay and observe each lesson.
- Never leave your child alone in the pool area at any time.
- Children who are not fully potty trained must wear a swim diaper and rubber pants.
- Always check your messages before your lesson as last minute change occasionally happen.
When you’re at an MIS pool
- Respect other pool guests and users.
- Bring your own towels.
- Remove outdoor shoes.
- No food or drinks in the pool area.
- Kids change in the bathroom or changing area, not on deck.
- Shower before and after your lesson.
- Only 1 family member may accompany each swimmer in the pool area.
- Use lockers (when available) for coats and bags, do not store personal items on the pool deck.
- Refrain from using any other amenities (including but not limited to hot tubs, saunas, fitness center, lawn chairs).
Policies on cancellations, modifications and payment
If a client wishes to cancel their lessons for the rest of the session, a full refund will be issued if a cancellation request is received by customer service at least 7 days before the first lesson. Otherwise, the client will be reimbursed for the # weeks remaining less a 10% or $50 cancellation fee (whichever is lower). Refunds must be requested within one calendar year of the date of payment.
Policy for permanently changing your lesson time or cancelling the rest of your lessons:
- Swim lesson modifications or cancellation requests must be sent by email to MIS Customer Service email@example.com. Advising your instructor of a cancellation / modification is not considered sufficient notice.
- Should a client decide to cancel a swimming lesson or cannot attend, no refund, credit, or make-up lesson will be provided. Please be advised that this lesson will be considered lost.
- In the event of an instructor cancellation, the instructor will take full responsibility for scheduling a make-up class with the client.
- In the event of a pool closure, a credit will be issued for each cancelled lesson (due to pool closure) at the end of the session if the lesson cannot be made up.
- Payments can be made in instalments with no fees (please call to set this up for private lessons)
- If mailing a cheque, please address to Montreal Institute of Swimming Inc and write the child’s full name on the cheque
- Payments made after the due date will have a $20 late payment fee added
- MIS reserves the right to modify or cancel any registration.
NEW: Refunds must be requested within one calendar year of the date of payment.
Particular Pool Policies
- Bathing caps are required
- Access cards required. MIS distributes them at the first lesson. They must be returned at the last lesson.
- Clients can only use the changing room on pool deck. We do not have access to the gym changing rooms.
Longueuil Sandman Hotel
- Parking is provided free of charge to MIS clients, you must pick up a pass from the front desk when leaving the hotel.
- Bathing caps are required
- Parents are not allowed on the pool deck. Kids must be dropped off at the end of changing rooms. Parents must wait in atrium on the other side of the glass wall.
Indoor Swim Lesson Policies
At-Home Swim Lesson Policies
Weather Policy: Lessons continue rain or shine! The lesson will only be postponed if there is thunder or lightning within 30 minutes of the lesson. If you are unsure, please contact your instructor directly.
Water Quality and Temperature Policy:
Clients are responsible for performing a water test on the morning of the lesson to ensure proper water quality. See what MIS recommends:
Alkalinity: 80-120 ppm
Chlorine Pool: 1-3 ppm
Salt Pool: 1200-1800 ppm of salt
Calcium Hardness: 200-300 ppm
Water Temperature: We recommend pool temperature to be at 84-86 degrees for a fun and productive swim lesson.