PRIVATE SWIMMING LESSONS
From toddlers (2 years+) to seniors, we offer private 1-on-1 lessons with a certified and experienced instructor.
Our 2020 summer term kicks off on July 4 and goes until August 23 (8 weeks).
SNEAK PEEK: NO-CONTACT LESSON
NO-CONTACT SWIMMING LESSONS
In response to the existing pandemic, we’ve made a few changes to how we offer our lessons and the safety precautions in place. The biggest change is a shift to no-contact swimming lessons.
Simply put, at no time will our instructors come within 2 metres of you and your swimmer.
Let’s take a closer look at how this will all work!
SAFETY AT A GLANCE
An MIS supervisor will greet clients at the pool entrance and ask relevant COVID-19 symptom questions. Take the self-assessment.
Changing rooms and bathrooms are to be used for emergencies only. Please arrive in your bathing suit.
Bring your own personal protection equipment. There will be no PPEs (masks, gloves, etc.) distributed at any of the pools.
Showers will be off limits for the time being, please shower at home before the lesson.
Wash your hands before entering the pool, and after the lesson.
A parent needs to be present during the lesson. If your swimmer is not independent in the water, the parent will need to be in the pool with the swimmer.
WHERE YOU’LL FIND US
9560 Boul Gouin O, Pierrefonds, QC H8Y 1R3
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
WHAT TO EXPECT
- COVID check: Parents need to inform the instructor of the self-assessment outcome before the lesson.
- Pack a towel, goggles and any equipment you want to bring to the lesson.
- Clients should arrive a minimum of 15 minutes before the lesson and the swimmer should already be wearing their bathing suit.
- In the first lesson, the instructor conducts a swim test to ensure that the child is safe being in the pool without assistance. If your child needs assistance, a parent will need to be in the pool with them.
- The instructor will teach the swimmer or guide the parent from a safe distance in the pool.
- The swimmer needs to exit the water once the lesson is finished.
- The instructor will provide a lesson summary and feedback.
- Swimmers should practice their skills at home if possible under supervision.
MISWAY: THE BEST WAY TO LEARN
MIS uses a signature, skill-based system to ensure all swimmers advance as fast as possible based on their unique strengths and weaknesses. We don’t have levels, we work with the ages and abilities of our swimmers.
During private lessons you build numerous skills in just 30 minutes, while being evaluated & coached every step of the way.
The Summer 2020 term runs for 8 weeks from July 4 to August 23.
Have a credit from Spring 2020? No problem! It will be deducted at checkout.
Registration is only per term. Prices don’t include taxes.
HOW IT WORKS
1. Create an Account or Log in
2. Select a Pool & Instructor
Pick the time slot and select your preferred swimming instructor.
3. Book It.
Summer session starts on July 4 – suit up!
Let’s get you registered! Click here to go to the registration page.